How to make homemade furniture polish? Surely, most people never thought about it, simply because everything about furniture is considered a bit too technical to handle by an ordinary people, like me.
But, it's not a rocket science.
Furniture is one of the so many things in a home that needs regular care. You need to save it from scratches and dampness and while doing that, you'll be expected to keep it shiny too.
There are several furniture polishes and sprays are available in the market. Some are cheap and others are expensive. To pick any one from them, you need to consider what type of furniture do you have. Either its made from real wood and polished or was made from ready made sheets like MDF. Using a wrong polish may damage your furniture too. So, be careful.
Your life can be a bit easier though. Here we will tell you how you can make all purpose furniture polish at home, that will not only save you precious money but your furniture too.
1 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white vinegar
3-4 drops of lemon essential oil (optional)
- Put all these ingredients in a spray bottle and shake well.
- Spray the solution on a lint free cloth and clean the surface for light shine
- If your furniture has a lot of dust stuck in it's nooks and corners, spray the liquid directly onto the furniture
- You can also use a toothbrush or paintbrush to clean wood carvings
- Store the liquid away from sunlight
Is it only for furniture?
No, you can use this spray to clean variety of things in your home. For example:
- Wooden cutlery such as spoons, fork, plates
- Wooden cutting boards
- Wooden picture frames
- Leather sofas and couches
A pro tip before ending this: if your furniture has a build up of dust in nooks and corners, clean it first before using homemade furniture polish.
How do you take care of your furniture? Share your tips and tricks in the comments below.< /article>